A DIY tower garden is the ideal solution for people who have limited outdoor space, but want to grow plants for food and/or beauty. A garden tower project can be as simple as just stacking a few various sized planter pots in ascending size order for herb growing, to building a more elaborate vertical garden tower that is capable of supporting larger food and flower plants. Whatever your gardening need and outdoor space is, one of these 21 DIY tower garden ideas is sure to meet your needs.
DIY Tower Garden Ideas For Urban Gardeners:
1- PVC Pipe Tower
Build your own tower garden with PVC pipe. Perfect design for a small space. Here is step by step guide:
- Select 2 PVC pipes that are 4 inches in diameter and the same length. The length depends on the desired height of the tower garden.
- Use a drill with a cutting bit attachment to create planting holes in the PVC pipe as shown in the video
- Use smaller, 1 inch PVC pipe as a support system for larger pipes
- Stand upright and secure in-ground and/or against a fence
- Fill large PVC pipes with potting soil and place plants in vertical holes
Related article: pvc pipe projects